I was reading a disucssion on the Nature vs Nurture debate in Freakonomics. "Nature" supporters say that our lives are determined by factors existent at birth, like our race, parents IQ,background, community etc. Nurture supporters say that our lives are moulded by our parents in the way they bring us up.
A third category which rejects both these viewpoints says that our personality depends not on where we born or who brings us up, rather it is dependent on the people we grow up with, more specifically, our peer group.
This third category is at first glance blasphemous. But, as I started rewinding and trying to understand what factors influenced my moulding, it was my experience with people in my life..my peer group. For every facet there might not be just one person but more who would have influenced me. I am not taking names so you can guess which facet is yours.
Be happy. Stay Happy. Laugh Happy
A friend who I have always seen with a big smile on his face..and I mean it's a big smile with glint in his eyes. Be it while talking with his friends, parents or girlfriend(by this inclusion have ruled out 90% of my friends :) )..perpetually happy. If I could replace a smiley, it would be with his grinning like a pig face.
Stay Cool. Nothing is alarming.
Be it exams, games or girlfriend..let your mind be cool. Dont lose your head.
Dont say yes when you want to say no.
Be clear with what you expect of friends. Even if it it gets them riled with your "rules" and what not! They will cuss on your face but secretly accept your space and in time respect it.
Slow and steady wins the race.
If not today, I will win tomorrow. My work will remain in progress till then.
Whats on your mind is on your tongue.
Speak your mind..and respect the other when he/she does. It means they trust you. Value it.
Talk stupid. Act stupid. Its okay at times.
At your emotional worst, let go to a person close to you. It helps. It often becomes a beautiful memory.
Nothing is serious. If it is, just maa chudaa.
With a wave of your hand and the bful cuss word on your lips, walk out of any situation. I am the king of my life. Even if it takes a bit of going "green" to reassure yourself that at times.
Be Balanced.
Whatever be the situation, always see both sides of the coin.
Sorry is not a sorry word.
If it makes things better, dont hesitate to say sorry. At times, that is all people need to hear from you. Say it , move on.
Show emotions to friends.
Keep saying it. At times, friends more than girl/boyfriend need to hear you say "I love you". And no its not gay to say that.
Write and tell "I love you"
Its special. Its forever. Do it often.
Help a friend.
Have the faith of your friends that they can call you and seek your help whenever and about whatever.
Ambition-Never let it die
Do the right things in life at the right time and you are guaranteed success. But, remain humble.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I agree with the third theory. I also feel that we are mostly a reflection of the people we grew up with.
And personally I loved Bulla's faucet.
i certainly belong to the 3rd category facet though ya when it comes to culture there are some strokes of family but apart from that more than even friends i have been majorly been influenced by films, songs and yeas even by random people ; its sources of instant body rush and a temporary determined mind ( but works well)...
i stand by the word sorry and often say it for the heck of it but there is a tone that expresses a sorry genuinely.
for the part when it comes to happiness im a 24 hour live performer be it cracking silly jokes or most of the times juvinile delinquent.i so love myself that way, a no pretence world it what i believe in and live in.
Stay cool for sure but a piecean's head is alwys looking for a trip ahead and a mind boggling thought process is perenial( the so called new age horoscope tellers judge and for a matter of fact they re true abt this factor abt me).
Dealing with parents has always been a drawback in my life so far but i guess il catch up on it before its too late and they just keep invting me home saying
"welcome beta to your dharamshala".
i talk foolish and baseless stuff all the time and for all i know that im talking trash for a while but being stupid and acting to be one is enjoyable for sure!
being stupid is fun for you care for none around you.
maa chuda is a super duper creation, the most tensed situation is a joke of the day with this superior cuss. Easy baby or maa chuda which wud you prefer im sure of the latter 1.
either you see the glass half full or half empty its an individual perspective of seeing a coin.
ambitions is a dream we vivify every now and then for i still wish to be much more and do much more than what i can do( potential constructive work ;))..
for all i'll say till i can....
I LOVE YOU( n its gr8 to express and for all those who still feel its gay change ur wy of looking at things, live with no st backs and perspectives are ever changing, flex for a btter life ......
CHEERS!!!
I have to agree with what you said. Although I'm not quite sure what sort of an influence i've had on you, from the one's stated. Well written except for the swear word in between.. could've been censored.
Some of the facets are conventionally considered unacceptable and I apologise for putting them here.
However, I do believe that it's a quality for the people concerned to have the conviction to possess that attribute. No one does only the society accepted things...but at least some dont hide in a closet while doing it. It is that frankness that I described in the blog.
My apologies nevertheless
Vey well put. Agree with almost all the fundae mentioned.
The conflict between, whether we are born with certain traits or they develop as we grow has left me perplexed every time I've thought about it.
Great work manyu. Its amazing how you can categorise what influence each of your friends have had on you.
A good read :)
After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your hailmanyu88.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...
Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...
= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com
In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.
Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!
And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.
But how does it work??
You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!
Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.
= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com
Post a Comment