Friday, April 25, 2008

My day

Friday, April 25, 2008
I read one of Rohan's post about how his day had gone and thought it a nice idea.
So, here is how my day went
Getting up in the mornings is getting increasingly difficult but with a tut to give, I had to move my ass and go for SPM. Five minutes into the tut and I realised I'd made a mistake in coming at all..I could hardly make out what the questions meant. The structure of Nylon 6,6 was clogged somewhere in the back of my brain..it was in one of the amazingly boring Chem chapters in class 12th. At times I wonder if I knew more about sciences before coming to coll. Now, it is just cramming formulas one night before tests and burping them out the next morning in the vain hope of crossing that Thin Red Line..the average. Fourth semester into coll and I realise that making an A in a structured course may a remain distant dream..but hell Bs aint so bad too.
Moms cakes arrived and it has lifted my spirits like nothing else. Mom is good at making just about anything but I love her cakes the most...and with the mess food deteriorating each day..it will keep me going for the remaining three weeks before going home.
Evenings are now usually spent at the temple. As a kid I used to read a lot of books on public figures. These people questioned the world around them..particularly their faiths. I too started questioning and eventually that led to rebellion to whatever contradicted with my views. The last two years in school were particularly difficult. Without realizing I was pushing myself into seclusion. Grades were not great either. Talking at home had become nightmarish..just defending whatever I was doing.
With the second year..a sort of calming effect came over. I feel more peaceful. Happiness comes spontaneously. It is a feeling I had almost forgotten. Going to temple is something I look forward to. I am yet not sure about my views on my faith but I do know that my mind is so much more peaceful going to the temple and feeling the silence inside it. There is one particular dargah in Srinagar in Bibi Cant that I wish can go sometime in the near future. There is no other place of worship so serene..maybe because it is not religious..that is what appeals to me about Sufism.

0 comments:

 
Talking Town ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates