Friday, July 6, 2007

Our life and orkut

Friday, July 6, 2007
Orkut and similar sites have changed the way we keep in touch with people.When I started using it..it was a novelty.I came in touch with all my friends with just a click of the mouse.We rejoiced in getting in touch ,spoke(rather scrapped) about what we had done in all these years and about the days gone by.Then..what?..after the initial amazement had died down..the long and detailed scraps gave way to the routine ones-"Hi".."wassup"..the lot.While I resented doing this myself...I had to give in..coz how am I supposed to reply.
What was it like before these portals came about..I remember telling one of my friends who was going to Delhi to get one of my classmate's no..and the joy I felt when we spoke after such a long time..but what if we had gotten in touch through orkut..just a few scraps..no emotions..nothing.Or the joy of receiving a letter.We have a box for letters kept in our hostel.I glance through it hoping there is a letter for me ,be it from dad or friends...and I feel so close to the person when I read it..and why not..someone's spent time writing it to me..can that personal touch be replaced?
But,some things cannot be ignored..it's a trend and it is futile to rebel against it...but with the few people who are really close to you,let such means not be the medium of expression-be it of joy or sadness!

3 comments:

Anonymous

abhimanyu now i feel that i will mail u your birthday card instead of giving it to u in bits...joy on receiving a letter is enormous..!what say?

Rahool
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown

really amazin poems n articles.....especially 'not really so'.......gr8 work...keep it up.......

 
Talking Town ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates