Monday, May 11, 2009

Closure

Monday, May 11, 2009
Third yrs going to end in a couple of days.
It will be that time when I will pack all my stuff into two boxes. Two boxes..thats all that defines my life. Say goodbye to my room that was the juke box in the wing..the pub on the booze nights..theatre for so many movies..and ya at times a study room..just this piece of 12 ft X 10ft space. Goodbye to the balcony , perched on which Pachva and me whiled away our time listening to "You have got to hide your love away" to more recently "Desecration Smile". To the time we 15 guys toiled day and night through winter and summer..to shadowfax. To the enumber of FIFA matches with Akva..which I almost always lost. To this room where I curled up one day feeling miserable and lonely. To the time when I couldnt get enough of listening to "Everybody hurts".
To the time when I started writing a diary after six years ..to give myself a voice that I dont want anyone else to hear. To when I bared my feelings for someone..somewhere..sometime. To when I heard a friend's problems and felt scared and lucky both. To the walk to Cnot at 12 in the night for that last puff listening to Chandel's rendition of Madhushala. To that impromptu dash to Nutan at 2 in the morn..we just had to go there. To the raw feeling of failure of my biggest endeavor. To the two awesome days in Del with Gads and that amazing chocolate shake in a bylane in Khan Market. To the high time with Bora and Deb when a week back I couldnt imagine wanting to speak with him. To the catching up on the latest gossip with Axle and a bet that I am sure to win.
To all those..
Its closure.

8 comments:

Rahool

Well you've become awfully sentimental.. relax the holidays are coming up!! enjoy!
btw: delhi was really awesome

Abhimanyu

It was hard not to feel a tad nostalgic..so much this yr..was the first time i stopped and thought about the yr gone by...and it was good..hoping next one's great :)..

Abhimanyu

thanks monk for pointing out that slang has no place in good written english..corrections been made..

Rushil

A bet that you're sure to win..... I wonder...:):)

Abhimanyu

@Rushil- The horse racing in the bet is Axle and not me..this time I sit in the stands and watch.

Rushil

@manyu.....dude u wrote that you're sure to win a bet......where the hell did axle come in ...n u a spectator???does that mean that you've already won or that you're pulling outta the race??

Abhimanyu

axle bet that he would "achieve" something by the year end and I said he wouldnt..so am sitting very confidently that he wont get round to winning the bet

Anonymous

good post ! and now to say that i am in the same wing this year.. !

 
Talking Town ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates