If you are confused about what you want to do in life(what parents call a "job"),fancy anything new and interesting,but cant stick to it for a long time..then read on.
One thing that has stayed with me always is my everchanging career interests.As a kid I wanted to be a cricketer,knock out the middle stump of every batsman,clobber bowlers to the fence.Then,I wanted to become an Army officer.Since I was in Pune,I used to go to NDA very often.Hearing dad talk about his academy days further strengthened my resolve.This lasted till class 10th.By this time my parents made it clear that they were against my going to NDA.They wanted me to concentrate on engineering entrances.The final decision was however to be my own.The only condition was that I would have to stick to it.
I chose to appear for the entrances.Now,the ambition was to get into a good college.So,here I am today in BITS Pilani-a budding mechanical engineer.But I dont want to work in a core mechanical company.In fact I am not keen to work at all..the rat race just scares the hell out of me.Neither do I want to go for management..I find it boring.
Becoming an Indian Foreign Services seemed to be just right for me.Travel the world...all at government's expenses.That lasted for about a year(dont ask me why I ditched that thought...I just did)
So,it is doing an MS in a foreign university for the moment.Not because I want to study more,but because I want to experience the culture outside..and what better way to do so than as a student.
However I stress on "for the moment"..coz for all you know ..you may find me guarding a post along the border clad in olive greens..or working as an aeronautical engineer on an Airbus 380 or something that has not caught my fancy yet.
What comforts me though is that there are people like me out there..wandering aimlessly.That is what I find so exciting..the uncertainty of my future.I am not made to "plan" my life..so I will just flow with the stream ..have more fancys.What and where will I stop?...who cares..I will take things as they come
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hey nice post !! I'm totally with you on this one :)
Post a Comment